Monday, September 25, 2017

Digital Literacy

Digital Literacy

This week's topic, digital literacy, was fun for me. I had never heard the phrase the digital literacy before this class the term was new to me, however I have always been somewhat tech savvy. I have not explored very many programs however, as far as creating media. I thought the videos were really interesting especially the three little pigs video. It was really cool the way that they took a classic old story and put a new twist on it, as well as used new digital literacy to make the video very interesting. The way that the photos, videos, and text overlapped each other made the video seem complex, a lot like the story line; solving the crime of the houses being blown down. Whenever I have seen media like this, I always notice that these things make it look better, however I never really thought about the work that goes into it. When I took on this weeks assignment, I got a little bit of an idea, and I now know I have a lot more to learn.

My Meme

I have always loved art and photography, so digital literacy is a cool way to bring those together. That is why this weeks assignment was fun for me because I got to find a good picture and design with it whatever message that I wanted. When I first started the project, I did not think it was going to be very difficult because I like to edit my photos a lot. However, I had a hard time trying to figure what I wanted to make a meme of, and my original idea actually gave me some trouble. I wanted to overlap photos and it took me a while and I had to try a couple different programs. When I eventually figured out how to do it using the program fotor, I changed my mind about what I wanted to do. So in the end I ended up using Picmonkey. I thought that it was a really good program for beginners because it was really simple, however you can't download your finished product without paying after a week. I also checked out pixlr and I thought that it looked like an awesome photo editor, however it was a little complicated for me to start out on. I chose to do this meme because it is a really big debate right now with everything going on with other countries. I found the image on google images, but I used the usage rights tool to find an image for uncommercial use with modification. I played around with a lot of different filters, text fonts, and colors until it looked the way that I wanted it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment