Monday, November 20, 2017

Data Visualization

Data Visualization 

I really liked how Garr Reynolds says that data should be presented because all too often in school I found myself looking at a powerpoint slide or a piece of paper with way too much going on, and it's overwhelming. He suggested that you present one idea at a time which makes it a lot easier to focus. He also highlighted using the right graph to represent your data so that it can be easily understood. This is really important because if the data is not represented well, the point that it is showing may not be understood. Hans Rosling's video did a really great job of this while also making the it really interesting and visually pleasing with the floating points on the graph that he pushed around.

"Calling Bullshit"

Getting the data in the first place is also really important and where you are getting it from. "Calling Bullshit" is an awesome way to inform students about all of the information that is out there that is simply not true. It is really important that your information is accurate otherwise people are not going to take you seriously and it could get you in a lot of trouble. 

Ice Cream

I decided to my infographic on ice cream because it is my favorite sweet treat and I thought it would be fun topic to share some information on. I had a similar project in another class last week where I had to gather date and I used SurveyMonkey, but I really liked that Google Forms is connected to all of my other Google stuff. It was really easy to use and the spreadsheet tool is really handy. 

Canva

I used Canva to create my infographic because I really liked the way that some of their templates looked. I have used Google slides a lot so I wanted to try something different and I didn't end up using any of the templates, but I used them for inspiration. I liked that you could search for pictures right their in the app, it made it really easy to find pictures I could use. I was really happy with how my infographic came out and I would definitely use this program again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment